Levitex is the brainchild of founder James Leinhardt, who has spent 10+ years helping the critically injured, the chronically ill, and the in-firm patients and has learnt a key fact.
Whether it comes to complex neurological patients, elite athletes, home office workers, and everyone in the middle, the impact of sleep quality, and specifically what we sleep on, can’t be underestimated.
So, James took the science that he learnt in healthcare and applied it to creating the optimum lying surface. One that considers not just comfort and pressure relief, but also support and posture. Something that’s almost a cheat to getting a good night’s sleep. He called it Levitex.
The brains behind Levitex
Levitex is James’ idea, but his isn’t the only brain responsible for your ache-free sleep – you’ve got our medical director, Dr Ilan, to help for that too.
Our CEO, James Leinhardt, has a wealth of knowledge in 24hr Postural care and has designed class-one medical devices to manage the posture for clients suffering with complex neurological illness and injury. His existing business works with NHS trusts and social care throughout the UK and his nighttime system has reached clients as far as the Middle East and Australia. Working with client groups such as catastrophic brain injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and Stroke survivors, James feels a social obligation and strong sense of purpose to care and improve the lives of patients in medical difficulty and the wider public.
You can also find him public speaking to spread the message of the importance of sleep posture, or on TikTok, where his sleep positioning tips have amassed a loyal following.
Medical director, Dr Ilan Lieberman works as a Pain Medicine Consultant and Clinician with The University Hospitals of South Manchester (UHSM). Between 2004 and 2014 he was the Clinical Lead for the Pain Medicine Service in UHSM. In December 2013 he was appointed as the Director of UHSM Academy, the learning and development arm of UHSM. His areas of special interest include back pain management and interventions, chronic pain syndromes after surgery, trauma, injury or infection, complex regional pain syndrome, fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, pain management in multiple sclerosis, refractory angina pain and whiplash.
We’re spreading the message of the importance of sleep posture – and the press are taking notice. Here are just some of the publications we’ve been featured in…
- Independent (‘9 best anti-snoring pillows for a better night’s sleep‘ – psst, we’re the winner!)
- Metro (‘These are the best (and worst) sleeping positions for back pain and posture‘)
- The Guardian (‘Fancy socks to flash trainers and fine prints: the best sporting Christmas gifts‘)
- Independent (‘Best of the best: The 100 IndyBest buys you need on your radar‘)
- Woman & Home (‘How a foam pillow designed for neck pain has helped to tackle the coronavirus pandemic‘)
- Daily Mail (‘Can a £5,000 mattress, weighted blanket or meditation classes really help you beat insomnia? FEMAIL tests out the latest products that promise eight hours of sleep‘)
- Authority Magazine (‘Sleep: James Leinhardt of Levitex On Why You Should Make Getting A Good Night’s Sleep A Major Priority In Your Life, And How You Can Make That Happen‘)
- Glasgow Live (‘Study finds 80 percent sleep ‘wrong way’ as experts reveal best position for posture‘)
- HuffPost (‘These Are The Best (And Worst) Sleep Positions For Good Posture‘)
- Glamour (‘The best pillows for side sleepers, so you can snooze soundly all night long‘)
Our founder and Chief Sleep Posture Expert, James, has also appeared on a number of podcasts, including…
The way you sleep shouldn’t be harming the planet. Here’s what we are doing.
1. Green Office
Levitex HQ is 100% climate positive – this includes all of our staff, as well as main subcontractors.
2. Levitex pillows are climate positive
For every Levitex pillow manufactured and sold from July 2021, we will offset their carbon emissions by supporting the critical growth of forests and rainforests around the world. Our pillows’ carbon emissions were calculated by Play It Green, using the full supply chain and product lifecycle.
Each pillow you buy equals to two trees planted in areas with a critical need for reforestation, like Madagascar or Kenya. Additionally, we guarantee the quality of our pillows for 5 years – meaning minimised landfill waste due to a long product lifecycle.
3. Removing all plastic from packaging
We are working on it and nearly there.
The Levitex Family
Since starting this journey, we have been blessed to work with the best of the best: clinicians, academics, professional sport stars. We also have our amazing PR and Marketing partners, who have helped bring our vision to life.
Now that we have created the optimum lying surface, our mission is to make sure everyone knows how important posture is to our well-being.
So, we commissioned this piece by local Manchester artist Gideon Conn. This is a tribute to everyone who has supported and believed in us so far: the Levitex family. From the researchers, through the early adopters and the sport stars who fell in love with our products, to you. Thank you.